Career & Technical Education
The Milford School District offers high quality programs that teach academic and technical skills in preparation for competitive global economies. We provide our students the real-life knowledge and skills to contribute to success in college and careers.
What is CTE?
CTE programs engage every student in high-quality, rigorous, and relevant classes, designed to help students to turn their passions into paychecks and their dreams into careers. CTE programs partner with local businesses and industry to create opportunities that promote creativity, innovation, leadership, and are relevant to the job markets of today.
CTE prepares students for careers, not just jobs.
- It provides students with the academic and technical skills they need to succeed in college and in all types of high-skill, high-paying and in-demand careers.
- It focuses students on cutting-edge technology in their chosen fields, workplace skills and real-world learning opportunities.
- It incorporates partnerships with colleges and universities, as well as employers, to help students find clear pathways to success.
- Students will have a head start on success, thanks to college credits and industry credentials earned through their CTE programs.
- It integrates academics in a real-world, hands-on context.
CTE addresses the needs of businesses by closing the skills gap.
- It provides adults with training to fill jobs in high-demand industries like computer science, marketing, culinary arts, manufacturing, biotechnology and construction.
- It builds a strong pipeline of well-prepared young people to meet future workforce needs in STEM, digital media, and various trade and service careers.
|Vaso Partinoudi is the Director of Career and Technical Education of the Applied Technology Center (ATC) at Milford High School. She has spent the past 11 years working at a Career Technical Education Center on the Seacoast of New Hampshire. Vaso teaches STEM courses at SNHU and UNH Durham, where she is also studying for her PhD.|
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT CTE, CLICK HERE.