The Office of Human Resources is committed to excellence, equity, and lifelong learning; we build an effective workforce of diverse professionals, who contribute to the success of all students, by ensuring access to growth opportunities.
View our Benefit Summary Booklet
2020 Insurance Rates (effective July 1, 2020)
SchoolCare/Cigna - Medical Insurance & Wellness Program
- Enrollment Guide- Contains general enrollment information.
- Wellness Program—The Wellness program provides incentives to help you reduce your health insurance costs. Learn more here.
- Employee Assistance Program - Resources to help get you through life's challenges.
Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA)
Employees who lose coverage due to a change in employment status, may be eligible to continue certain benefits through COBRA. Initial COBRA notifications are generally mailed to the employee and an enrolled spouse within 60 days from the start and end of benefits coverage.
HealthTrust/Delta - Dental Insurance
- HealthTrust/Delta—Contains a detailed summary of dental benefits, effective July 1, 2020.
- Delta Dental Vision Care Discounts - Enrollees in a HealthTrust dental plan can also access discounts on vision care services through an arrangement between Northeast Delta Dental and EyeMed Vision Care.
- HealthTrust/Delta Application/Change Form - Make changes, enroll, or cancel your coverage with this form
HealthTrust/Delta - Benefit Plan Summaries associated with specific dental plan options.
Benefit Strategies- Flexible Spending Accounts (HRA & DCA)
- Benefit Strategies- Flexible Spending Accounts -This online booklet, effective July 1, 2020, contains additional details about FSAs, including the types of expenses for which you can receive reimbursement from an FSA, deadlines for submitting expenses, and the IRS "use it or lose it" rule.
Benefit Strategies - Resources & Forms
New Hampshire Retirement System (NHRS)
- New Hampshire Retirement System (NHRS)—Contains a detailed summary of your NHRS defined retirement benefit plan. This benefit is for teachers, who work 30+ hrs/wk and employees who work 35+ hrs/wk. Teachers & Employees contribute 7% of their earnings to NHRS.
Omni Group (403b)
- Omni Group(403b)— Learn how to elect a percentage or flat amount of your salary to contribute to a 403b plan.
Omni Group (403b) Notification 2020
Cigna/Life & Long Term Disability
- Cigna/Life & LTD—MSD provides a life insurance benefit equal to 1X your salary. Under IRC $79, up to the first $50K of this benefit can be included on a pre-tax basis. If the benefit is greater than $50K, then the value of the benefit over $50K must be included in the employee’s wages as imputed income, based on a rate table defined by the IRS which establishes a cost per $1K of coverage based on the age of the employee. For further information, please see IRS Publication 15-B – link is available on the Human Resources page on the website.
- Supplemental Life Insurance is available to staff in multiples of the base salary (from 1X – 5X). Evidence of Insurability may be required for any initial coverage or future increases you make to this benefit plan.
Cigna Life & LTD Insurance
Colonial Life - A suite of supplemental insurance benefits
- Colonial Life – A suite of supplemental insurance benefits to help offset the costs associated with accidents, catastrophic illnesses, and disabilities. Colonial Life also offers life insurance options. Any employee can participate in these benefits, regardless of how many hours they work. These products are generally available for all family members, can be taken with the employee upon retirement or termination, and these benefits work in conjunction with other health insurance benefits an employee or family member may have already.
- Colonial Life Benefit Booklet
- Summary of Colonial Life Products
- Colonial Life Coverage Options
- To enroll contact christina.konczeski@ColonialLifeSales.com or call 813-299-6450.
OPEN ENROLLMENT 2020
April 15th, 2020 thru May 15th, 2020 (Closed)
Primex - Workers’ Compensation Contact Information
Workers Compensation Links
Labor Laws & Other Important Information
- HIPAA Privacy Rule
- Womens’ Health and Cancer Rights Protections
- Newborns’ and Mothers’ Health Protection Act
- Mental Health Parity Act
- Children’s Health Insurance Program Reauthorization Act
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Employee Rights: Paid Sick Leave and Expanded Family and Medical Leave under The Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA)
Quick Links - Other Resources
- Milford School District Policies
- New Health Insurance Marketplace Coverage Options and Your Health Coverage
- Healthy Families information (New Hampshire Health & Dental insurance for qualified dependents)
- NH Department of Education
- NH Department of Education – Certification Information
- New Hampshire Department of Labor
- Social Security Website
- Hampshire Hills Discount for SAU40 Staff (for regular District employees only)