The Human Resources department is available to assist current and prospective employees and administrators with questions about employment & recruiting, benefits programs, New Hampshire Retirement System, compensation, leaves of absence, job descriptions, forms, State & Federal laws & compliance, employee safety & worker’s compensation, education & training, contracts, employee personal situations, and other employment-related matters.
Benefits Carrier Links & Information:
If you are making any changes to your benefit plans, please print out the applicable form and return it to the HR Department within 30 days of the qualifying event. Additional documentation may be required. For name & address changes for existing employees, please contact the SAU office at (603) 673-2202.
- Cigna – Health Insurance Carrier
- SchoolCare – Health Insurance Administrator
- Delta Dental – Dental Insurance Carrier
- Benefit Strategies – Administrator for FSA Accounts
- Cigna – Life and Long-Term Disability Insurance Carrier
- Primex – Worker’s Compensation Carrier
- New Hampshire Retirement System
- Omni Group 403b Details– 3rd Party Administrator on 403(b) plan
- Colonial Life – Voluntary Benefits (to enroll contact christina.konczeski@ColonialLifeSales.com or call 813-299-6450)
Payroll Information and Forms:
Labor Law Posters & Information
Labor Law Posters & Information:
- Posters of Federal & State Employment Laws (subject to change as posters are updated)
- HIPAA Privacy Rule
- Womens’ Health and Cancer Rights Protections
- Newborns’ and Mothers’ Health Protection Act
- Mental Health Parity Act
- Children’s Health Insurance Program Reauthorization Act
- Family Medical Leave Act
- Family Medical Leave Act Poster
- Family Medical Leave Act Presentation
Other Helpful Links:
- Healthy Families information (health & dental insurance for qualified dependents, fka Healthy Kids)
- NH Department of Education
- NH Department of Education – Certification Information
- New Hampshire Department of Labor
- Milford School District Policies
- Hampshire Hills Discount for SAU40 Staff (for regular District employees only)
- Social Security Website
The District partners with SchoolCare to provide health care coverage to employees. SchoolCare utilizes Cigna as the insurance carrier for health benefits. SchoolCare offers a number of supplemental wellness benefits to subscribers and covered spouses & dependents. See the Good For You program information below for more information on these supplemental programs.
What is the Yellow Plan?
The Yellow Plan is an Open Access plan that does not require enrollees to select a PCP or obtain referrals to see other providers or specialists in the Cigna network. Doctors in the Cigna network are called participating providers.
- The plan provides preventive care and certain generic drugs at no cost to enrollees.
- All covered services (except no-cost preventive) apply to deductible and coinsurance.
- Prescription drugs (except certain generics) are also subject to deductible and coinsurance.
- Except in cases of emergency, enrollees must use participating providers to be eligible for benefits.
- This plan can be offered with or without an embedded HRA provided by SchoolCare to cover the first portion of the services that apply to the deductible.
- For questions on how to activate the HRA (Choice Fund), please click here for a listing of frequently asked questions.
Benefit & Coverage Summary:
- Summary of Benefits and Coverage SchoolCare: Yellow Open Access w/ Choice Fund (HRA)
The above Summary of Benefits & Coverage are provided as required under the Affordable Care Act and are presented in a format based on a model notice. Additional information on the benefits coverage can be found in the Health Benefits Booklet linked below, and in the two-page Summary of Benefits linked above. These Summaries of Benefits & Coverage can also be found on the SchoolCare website.
Other SchoolCare information:
The District’s Dental Insurance is provided by Northeast Delta Dental, administered by HealthTrust. The District offers two plans – Classified Staff can enroll in Option 3, while Professional & Administration Staff can enroll in Option 3B.
Life & LTD Insurance:
Benefit Strategies – FSA Information
Healthcare & Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts allow full-time employees to set aside pre-tax dollars that can be used for eligible medical/dental and daycare expenses. The current District limits for these accounts are $2,000 for healthcare and $5,000 for dependent care.
General Forms for Health & Dependent Care Accounts:
New Hampshire Retirement System (NHRS):
The NHRS is a mandatory, defined-benefit pension plan for full-time Teachers (who work 30+ hrs/wk) and Employees (who work 35+ hrs/wk). Teachers & Employees contribute 7% of their earnings to NHRS.
School Employees have the opportunity to save for retirement by participating in the District’s 403b retirement plan.
Colonial Life offers a suite of supplemental insurance benefits to help offset the costs associated with accidents, catastrophic illnesses, and disabilities.
Colonial Life also offers life insurance options. Any employee can participate in these benefits, regardless of how many hours they work. These products are generally available for all family members, can be taken with the employee upon retirement or termination, and these benefits work in conjunction with other health insurance benefits an employee or family member may have already.
Visit our YouVille site
Primex (Workers’ Compensation Carrier):
Employees who lose coverage due to a change in employment status, may be eligible to continue certain benefits through COBRA. Initial COBRA notifications are generally mailed to the employee and an enrolled spouse within 60 days from the start of benefits coverage. The link below is for the initial COBRA notice for health insurance.