Work with your teacher first. Your teacher has many resources, and knows who to ask the questions to. Use this Troubleshooting Guide as you work things through with your teacher.
Trouble Logging In
- Be sure your device is connected to Wi-Fi
- Be sure you are using the correct login credentials
Chromebook Won’t Turn on
- Let it charge for at least 30 minutes.
- Plug in the charger both ways and to both charging ports (if applicable).
- Press and hold the refresh key and hold the power button down at the same time for 15 seconds.
Wifi Signal is Slow
Check the System Clock to make sure that the Wi-Fi icon is full. If it appears empty (hollow), your Wi-Fi is probably switched off. Follow these steps:
- Click the System Clock located in the bottom-right corner.
- Click the Wi-Fi icon on the pop-up menu.
The Wi-Fi toggle should turn blue as your Chromebook connects to the local network. You’ll also see a list of available networks.
Chromebook Crashes or Freezes
Reboot the device by following these steps:
- Close all the apps and browser windows.
- If you can tell that it’s a specific tab in the web browser causes the Chromebook to crash or freeze, hard refresh the page by pressing ctrl + shift + r while on that page.
- If you've installed any new apps or extensions recently, uninstall them.
Chromebook is Working Very Slow
Check for updates by following these steps:
- Turn on the Chromebook.
- Connect the Chromebook to Wi-Fi.
- Click on the gear icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Select Settings
- Select Menu and then select About Chrome OS.
- Under the information section for Google Chrome OS, you'll see which version of the chrome operating system the Chromebook is using.
- Select ‘Check for Updates.’
- If the Chromebook finds a software update, it will start to download automatically
Touchpad Doesn’t Work
- Be sure there is no dust or dirt on the touchpad.
- Press the esc key several times.
- Drumroll your fingers on the touchpad for ten seconds.
- Turn the Chromebook off, then back on again (re-boot).
Sound Doesn’t Work
Be sure the sound isn’t muted by doing the following steps:
- In the lower right, click on the clock showing the time.
- Adjust the volume using the slider.
Camera Doesn’t Work
- Reboot the Chromebook.
- Try using the camera in a different app. If it works in that app, uninstall the app where it doesn't work, then reinstall it.
If your student experiences technical challenges with their online learning during this time, please contact your child’s teacher. We have set up a help-desk for the staff to ensure they have access to online support throughout this remote learning process. Our technology team is prepared and ready to ensure their success.