2113 - Board Member Orientation
2113 Board Member Orientation 2113
A new member is to be afforded the Board and the staff’s fullest measures of courtesy and cooperation. Board and staff shall make every reasonable effort to assist the new member to become fully informed about the Board’s functions, policies, and procedures.
A special workshop will be convened by the Chair, for the primary purpose of orienting the new member to his or her responsibilities and subcommittees, to the Board’s method of operating, and to the District's policies and procedures.
Each new member will be provided with the following materials by the Chair:
- The location on the District website to access previous year’s complete record of minutes.
- A listing of Revised Statues Annotated (RSA) relating to public schools including the web link to NH Laws on the NH.gov web page.
- A copy of Becoming a Better Board Member authored by the National School Boards Association.
- The location on the District’s website to access the School Board Policy Manual.
(A three ring binder with copies will be provided to the new board member if requested).
- The New Hampshire School Boards Association Orientation Packet.
- The location on the District’s website to access the current school budget.
- Negotiated Labor Agreements:
- The names and titles of the leadership for each collective bargaining unit
- The location on the District’s website to access copies of the negotiated labor agreements and employee handbooks.
- The names and titles of the Administration including administrative assistants for:
- The SAU Office
- Each school in the District