5060 - Regulations for Admitting Students from Other States and Countries
5060 Regulations for Admitting Students from Other States and Countries 5060
Our students can greatly benefit from opportunities to work with, learn from, and come to understand students from diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Exchange programs in conjunction both with foreign countries and with other areas of the United States are positive means for expanding the multi-cultural awareness for our students.
Criteria for Accepting Students:
1. The background and circumstances of the exchange student will be uniquely different from those of the Milford area. As such the student will be able to provide a different ethnic or cultural perspective to the Milford community.
2. The exchange student in turn will significantly benefit from the educational opportunities available at Milford High School, beyond what could be provided at their serving school.
3. The exchange program, organization or individual that acts as the sending agent must be of good reputation and be able to act as a support base for providing records, documentation, travel arrangements, and family releases as needed by Milford High School.
4. The student's records must reflect sufficient academic achievement to ensure a reasonable probability of success at Milford High School.
5. Parents or Guardians of these students must be willing to grant both permission and power of attorney to host families.
6. Host families must be identified prior to acceptance of exchange students and must be willing to act as custodial parents for these students for the full period of the exchange.
7. All exchange programs must be authorized 30 days prior to the proposed entrance of the student(s). No more than four (4) exchange students will be in attendance at Milford High School at any given time.
8. Only students willing to matriculate from the beginning of the school year to the completion of a school year will be considered to be part of the Exchange Program.
Revised: 6/1995, 3/1999