Facilities Rental Procedure
1. Review Policy #6005 for requirements and fees at www.milfordk12.org
2. Contact School Coordinator for availability:
- High School Building: Diane Smith 673-4201 [email protected]
Also need MHS Event Approval Form
- High School Athletic Fields: Marc Maurais 673-4201 m[email protected]
- Middle School: Wendy McEttrick 673-5221 [email protected]
- Heron Pond: Karla Lessard 673-1811 [email protected]
- Jacques Memorial: Bonnie Cox 673-4434 [email protected]
- Project Drive: Linda Doyle 673-6709 [email protected]
- Summer Fields (all): Bill Cooper [email protected]
3. Contact SAU for Rental Contract form and policies at 673-2202 or website www.milfordk12.org.
4. Contact your insurance company for a Certificate of Insurance. Policy #6005 states that the following insurance requirements must be fulfilled before the Rental Contract of a school building for public use is accepted:
- The renter shall obtain liability insurance to protect the Milford School District and its employees from claims for personal injury in an amount of coverage totaling $1,000,000 per occurrence. The amount and type of insurance may be adjusted by the Superintendent/designee should it be deemed necessary.
- The renter shall obtain workers’ compensation insurance to protect the Milford School District from injury claims stemming from the renter’s own employees on duty on Milford School District property during the term of the rental. Policy limits shall be in the amounts required by statute.
- “Milford School District as Additional Insured” must be stated for the activity under each policy. Certificate Holder is: Milford School District, 100 West Street, Milford, NH 03055
- Renters are responsible for personal injuries to persons attending the activity.
5. Non-profit organizations must include proof of status. A printout from the Secretary of State Office, Corporation Division will do. Go to https://quickstart.sos.nh.gov/
online/Account/LandingPage Business Name Lookup, type in name of organization, Click on name when it appears for full status of your non-profit.
6. A Crowd Control Management certified person must be present at your function. You must show proof that someone in your group is certified (or request the District provide someone for a fee). To receive certification, click on the following link to bring you to The North Carolina Department of Insurance - Office of State Fire Marshal, Crowd Manager Training. https://www.ncosfm.gov/
licensing-cert/pyrotechnics/ classes-pyrotechnic-license- fusing-crowd-manager
Note: The State Fire Marshal’s Office online training course takes about an hour to complete. Certificate will be emailed to recipient.
7. Submit a rental contract to the Superintendent’s Office at least two weeks before anticipated rental for final approval to Office of the Superintendent, 100 West Street Milford, NH 03055.
Easy downloadable PDF file: